Collection and Use of Personal Information
What do we collect?
IJIH collects data as below to provide services such as user registration and journal publication.
- Required : User ID, Full name, Nationality, Affiliation, Personal Postal Address, E-mail, Phone, Personal Biography
- Optional : Academic Activities, Final Degree, Publications
What do we do with the collected data?
IJIH uses the collected information for the following purposes:
- Identification of the user for registration and membership services
- Response to the users' request and needs
- Facilitation of membership management
- Confirmation on the user registration
- Notification of IJIH activities
- Paper submission and review
How do we collect the personal data?
Personal data are collected by the users' filling out of the registration form when signing up the IJIH membership.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP PERSONAL DATA?
The information collected on the IJIH website is kept for TWO YEARS FROM THE TIME OF THE LAST LOGIN.
- Activities such as logging-in shall be deemed as consent to the terms and uses of personal information.
- However, personal information such as Name, Affiliation, Country, Degree and Biography will be permanently stored with the publication of paper.
- In case the user withdraws membership or consent, his/her personal information will be destroyed IMMEDIATELY.
User's Rights to refuse and disadvantages
- A user can refuse to provide the optional information by the Personal Information Protection Act (Article 15). This will not affect his/her use of IJIH services.